Two Wheels Good CC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last three winter races at Hillingdon

3 posters

Go down

Last three winter races at Hillingdon Empty Last three winter races at Hillingdon

Post  Jonathan Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:26 am

For any of the budding racers among you, there three races left in in the Imperial Winter Series at the Hillingdon cycle circuit. They consist of riding for 35 mins + 5 laps.

Races will be on February 2, 9 and 16. Starting at 12:30, expect to ride for 50mins.

To speed things up on the day you can pre register here.
http://www.surfprint.co.uk/imperialracingteam/index.htm

I can give a lift to one person, others would need to arrange transport. So you racers who are always at the front of the Sunday rides, get your bikes in gear and see you on the start line.

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Last three winter races at Hillingdon Empty Re: Last three winter races at Hillingdon

Post  ciron Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:20 am

Not for me thanks.

Isn't Hillingdon flat?

ciron

Back to top Go down

Last three winter races at Hillingdon Empty Re: Last three winter races at Hillingdon

Post  Jonathan Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:01 pm

ciron wrote:Not for me thanks.

Isn't Hillingdon flat?

Yes flat, and on the last two weekends very windy.

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  nick Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:33 am

I may be up for one or two of these, but not this Saturday. I'd guess Neil would be keen too... those 4th-cat riders he blitzed last time are probably still looking out for him at each event - the mystery masked man who conquered all and has never been seen again... affraid
nick
nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:49 am

nick wrote:I may be up for one or two of these, but not this Saturday. I'd guess Neil would be keen too... those 4th-cat riders he blitzed last time are probably still looking out for him at each event - the mystery masked man who conquered all and has never been seen again... affraid

Well let me know if you need a lift. As for Neil, I doubt any of those riders will be there. However there should be some tasty Dulwich Paragon and London Dynamo riders for him to chase.

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  nick Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:47 pm

Found the website of the photographer who was taking pictures of the adult riders: http://www.dgs-photography.co.uk/cyclingphotos/index.asp?Mainpage=../cyclingphotos/eventslist.html

Photos of 9th Feb should appear soon.
nick
nick

Back to top Go down

Post  nick Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:56 am

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/roa/road_results.asp?evt_cp=1&evt_mode=2&evt_id=%7B941CBDD3-A64B-4EB7-809A-C79B215207D6%7D&evt_seriesid=&evt_myevents=No&RefID=&RefType=&evt_year=2008&evt_month=Any&evt_kw=&evt_regions=All+Regions&evt_disc=&evt_class=&evt_cat=&evt_series=&evt_resultspp=40
http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/roa/EventReports2008/20080209_Hillingdon_Winter_Series.asp

Note "Alex" McNeill at 5th place in 4th cat...
nick
nick

Back to top Go down

Last three winter races at Hillingdon Empty Last race in the series

Post  Jonathan Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:50 am

Well I turned up for the last race, a great day for it and not to windy, but the field was way too big. 60 -70.
The average speed turned out to be lower than norm at 22.6mph or 36.1kmph, which was not surprising since the peloton seemed quite twitchy. There was not that much activity, with limited attacks and chases, just the familiar increases in speed in the last five laps. I was involved in a crash 20 metres from the finish line, where some riders already had gone down. Luckily, rider and bike only had minor scratches.

For those who might be interested the Crystal Palace Summer Series will be starting 22 April.

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down