Two Wheels Good CC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday ride 10th Feb

5 posters

Go down

Sunday ride 10th Feb Empty Sunday ride 10th Feb

Post  Neil Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:31 am

I know I text Kelvin & Nick....no reply yet ... but if anyone is up for an extra 20 or 40 miles before we meet up for the 9.30 ride let me know. I think that we need to have longer rides. I felt tired after yesterday so I know that I need the stamina that long miles give you. Any takers ? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Neil

Back to top Go down

Sunday ride 10th Feb Empty Re: Sunday ride 10th Feb

Post  ciron Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:57 am

No for me.

I'm hoping to be riding around Thetford in a 4 hour off-road enduro.

ciron

Back to top Go down

Sunday ride 10th Feb Empty i'm in.

Post  hometown china Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:08 pm

missus is busy, and i won't have anything else better to do. you're right neil, we need more miles. the regular loop at 8 am? i'll meet at the front of your complex, at the traffic lights, it's actually easier for me that way.
that is, unless there are any other takers. Twisted Evil

hometown china

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:30 pm

Neil wrote:I know I text Kelvin & Nick....no reply yet ... but if anyone is up for an extra 20 or 40 miles before we meet up for the 9.30 ride let me know. I think that we need to have longer rides. I felt tired after yesterday so I know that I need the stamina that long miles give you. Any takers ? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

.....STAMINA....

Neil you did not look like you needed extra stamina. Its us that need more miles to have a hope of catching you.

That aside, how about doing some longer rides at a reasonable consistent pace. Say 8o miles. It could be a bigger loop or a train out.

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  nick Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:32 am

I'm trying to put in the extra miles during the week at the mo via spin classes - have a 45-min one today. I will probably join you two on Sat at the closed-circuit race and do a standard Sunday ride (but I *may* come out early for that extra loop... will see how I'm feeling).

Kelvin, when are your spin classes again? I've forgotten what you said... Sleep
nick
nick

Back to top Go down

Post  hometown china Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:54 am

covent garden fitness first 630 wed
russell square FF 6 thrus
oxford circus FF 545, or 640 .

pick one. print out the pass, etc.. on the website, and come about 20 minutes early. this goes for the rest of you who want to come and try it. if you come, i'll put something special on.

jonathan, i think that is a good idea, maybe one of these saturdays, if you will lead, to take the train out and come back into town? a small group of nick, neil me and you can get a consistent pace going and i think that is the key.

hometown china

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:39 pm

hometown china wrote:
jonathan, i think that is a good idea, maybe one of these saturdays, if you will lead, to take the train out and come back into town? a small group of nick, neil me and you can get a consistent pace going and i think that is the key.

Ok, I could do this from the 23th of February. Last year I did a ride out to Stowmarket in Suffolk, which is a nice 80 miler. We can get a direct train out from Liverpool Street. If we buy the tickets on line about two weeks before departure, the cost should be no more than £6 each. If you pay on the day, It would be more.

If there are any takers for this, and we can decide on a date. If you give me £6 at one of the Sunday rides, I will order and collect all the tickets before hand.

Here is the proposed route....
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1603278

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  nick Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:58 pm

Jonathan wrote:
Ok, I could do this from the 23th of February. Last year I did a ride out to Stowmarket in Suffolk, which is a nice 80 miler. We can get a direct train out from Liverpool Street. If we buy the tickets on line about two weeks before departure, the cost should be no more than £6 each. If you pay on the day, It would be more.

If there are any takers for this, and we can decide on a date. If you give me £6 at one of the Sunday rides, I will order and collect all the tickets before hand.

Here is the proposed route....
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1603278

Route looks good, with what seems a reasonable amount of climbing. We have a taker.
nick
nick

Back to top Go down

Post  ciron Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:40 am

Let me know when you decide on the day, I might come along.

I know I can't do the weekend of the 23rd, but don't worry if it's good for everyone else.

ciron

Back to top Go down

Post  hometown china Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:18 am

what about the 24th? can we do that? i usually want to leave saturdays open....

hometown china

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:36 am

How about the 1st or 2nd March. That will give me plenty of time to collect the fairs and order the tickets.

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  nick Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:40 pm

I'm away 28th Feb - 16th March, but free all other Sundays for foreseeable future except 17th Feb. If you guys wanna go ahead with it, though, that's cool, I'll come along another time.
nick
nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:29 pm

The reason I thought of the 1st or 2nd of March, was since I don't think I will be able to make the next Sunday ride, but can the week after. That would not leave much time to collect money and order tickets.

Nick we could do the route or a variation of it again.

It would be good to know who is a definite taker. Perhaps someone can let people know this Sunday that this ride is being planed. I will confirm the time of the train on the Sunday 17th Feb. If people want I will pay for and pick up the tickets or they can do it.

Which ever I do not mind.

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  nick Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:26 am

hometown china wrote:missus is busy, and i won't have anything else better to do. you're right neil, we need more miles. the regular loop at 8 am? i'll meet at the front of your complex, at the traffic lights, it's actually easier for me that way.
that is, unless there are any other takers. Twisted Evil

That's 3 of us meeting at the traffic lights opposite New River Village at 8am. Needless to say, anybody else who wants to join in the fun/torture is welcome to tag along.
nick
nick

Back to top Go down

Sunday ride 10th Feb Empty march

Post  hometown china Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:26 am

i am up for the march date. either of them.

hometown china

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down