Two Wheels Good CC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to run into pedestrians

4 posters

Go down

how to run into pedestrians Empty how to run into pedestrians

Post  hometown china Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:02 am

i suggest that if any of you will be in this situation, and if you actually have time to think and know that you can't avoid it, when a pedestrian comes out of nowhere and you know impact is imminent and unavoidable, to use your body to take the impact.

this happened to me several days along when some arse ran out and J-ranned across. I was probably travelling at 30km/h, and used my body to take the hit, thus, i think i avoided a destroyed wheel, a broken fork and me flying off my bike. also i think that a body to body impact for the pedestrian is far more agreeable that a handle bar in the balls or baby making area.

i would like to hear your thoughts on this, more because there has not been an increasing post in a while...

hometown china

Back to top Go down

how to run into pedestrians Empty Re: how to run into pedestrians

Post  nick Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:55 am

yeah dude, i did the same about 2 or 3 months ago. a teenager walked out in front of me and then froze on the spot when he saw me - as i was about to hit i kind of threw myself over the bars and rugby-tackled him. all i got was a slight impact on my elbow as i landed, other than that, i was fine, and so was my bike. the kid... well i dunno, who cares!
nick
nick

Back to top Go down

Post  hometown china Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:16 pm

i like that, it's like, oh man, the accident would have been rough, for me and the bike, good thing the kid took most of the impact. idiot, some people just need to be taught the hard way to carefully cross the street, and what better way than a tackle from you?

hometown china

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:51 pm

Given the time to make a choice, I think it would be a case off trying to limit the damage to both. Thats pedestrian and cyclist.
However in most cases its a case of praying to the God of cycling for a soft landing.

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  ciron Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:00 am

Aim straight and true, then your wheel doesn't buckle, just your forks.

ciron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum