Two Wheels Good CC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks to Ciron

5 posters

Go down

Thanks to Ciron Empty Thanks to Ciron

Post  Jonathan Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:35 am

Thanks to ciron for your hospitality on a very very very hard Dragon ride weekend. Although feeling sick after 40miles, I was relived to complete the ride. Thanks to all those who gave encouragement.

I got back to the house had a wash and a snack, felt better, so I decided to drive back.

On the way out I had a chat with your neighbour who sends her best wishes.

Where do you want me to drop of the key, I could do it next Sunday before my ride if ok.
jonaroth@yahoo.co.uk

Jonathan

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Thanks to Ciron Empty Re: Thanks to Ciron

Post  ciron Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:54 am

Thanks Jon and everyone else that was there, especially James for driving me half way across the country again.

It was certainly a good ride, and great that we had the Two Wheels Good train steaming along the valley floor into Neath. Great weather, great compan,y and as always as great atmosphere and course for the ride.

Not sure I'm going to make it there next year, what with a baby arriving, but fingers crossed.

ciron

Back to top Go down

Post  nick Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:39 am

I was relieved to finish too, although those last descents were so damn good, I was hoping they'd go on forever!!
General feeling of malaise today ( pale ), but by tomorrow I'll be looking back on those climbs with great nostalgia and longing... sunny
nick
nick

Back to top Go down

Thanks to Ciron Empty Thanks To Ciron

Post  JJ Stephens Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:27 am

A great weekend. Thanks to you all who decided not to ride off into the distance, but keep us in a nice rolling group for the majority of the 112 miles. For me the highlights were; the 45mph descents, rolling over the finish line and of course getting out of that pub alive on Saturday night . All topped off with the normal M4 burger King Feast - just fantastic!

Sitting at home wondering if i should go out for a quick spin up Muswell Hill...

JJ Stephens

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:15 am

JJ Stephens wrote:

Sitting at home wondering if i should go out for a quick spin up Muswell Hill...

I think you suffered severe heat stroke without realising it.

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  ciron Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:30 am

More likely food poisoning from the four, yes FOUR, burgers he ate on the way home.

ciron

Back to top Go down

Post  nick Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:07 pm

ciron wrote:More likely food poisoning from the four, yes FOUR, burgers he ate on the way home.

Good God.
nick
nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:18 pm

Ciron, thanks for letting us all stay - was a great night and a fantastic easy spin through in the mountains. Yeah right...! It was sweet pain, and loads of it - but I've been on a high for the last few days, feeling so good. And thanks to Pantani for the climbing assistance. pirat

I'll post a few snaps on the photo page.

Compact chain-ring, here I come...

Greg afro

Greg

Back to top Go down

Post  ciron Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:41 am

Ride photos here

http://sportivephoto.thirdlight.com/viewdir.tlx?albumid=158135&pictureid=6746353

My number was 695
Jon was 260

What numbers did the rest of you have?

ciron

Back to top Go down

Post  nick Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:48 am

i was 822
nick
nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:04 am

I was 2686.

I have quite a nice group photo of all of us in the car park before we started the ride, but this forum site is full so no more space for photos to be uploaded here (unless someone removes some older ones). Let me know if you want it, I will email to you - gregfalkof@hotmail.com

Nick, Neil - the car trouble Embarassed we had coming home was down to me pushing the old girl too hard with a full load, not anything more serious - I don't know if it was Neil's cowboy boots or Nick's secret stash of energy bars that weighed us down, but cetainly wasn't the thoroughbred racing machines strapped on the back...

Greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum