Two Wheels Good CC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three Peaks

4 posters

Go down

Three Peaks Empty Three Peaks

Post  kevinpc Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:10 pm

fairly new to the list but I wonder if anyone has signed up for the 3 peaks - I did on monday and have just had my entry confirmed - after I satisfied the organiser i was fit enough which i am not - with this in mind I am very keen to meet up with anyone similarly afflicted in order to get fit for this super ard event.

kevinpc

Back to top Go down

Three Peaks Empty Re: Three Peaks

Post  ciron Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:37 am

Speak to James.

He's doing it this year after it was cancelled last year.

Good luck, I'd love to do it but can't this year.

ciron

Back to top Go down

Three Peaks Empty Three Peaks

Post  JJ Stephens Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:07 pm

Kevin,

As per Ciron's note , yes I am signed up for the Peaks this year - don't having a specific training plan , just riding when I can really. How are you thinking of getting up there ?

Regards,

P.S. do you ride an Omega ?

JJ Stephens

Back to top Go down

Three Peaks Empty 3 peaks

Post  kevinpc Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:29 am

Hello there - yes I do ride an Omega. Haven't thought about getting up there, I am more concerned with getting in shape. I away from most of July and early Aug, but after that would be up for some serious training if you are interested. Let me know,

cheers

K

kevinpc

Back to top Go down

Post  nick Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:39 am

There seems to be a variety of "Three Peaks" events out there - do you guys mean the Yorkshire one, the national one, or some new cyclosportive? confused
nick
nick

Back to top Go down

Three Peaks Empty Three Peaks Cyclo Cross

Post  JJ Stephens Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:18 am

Nick,

Hi mate - hope the Etape went well. Re the 3 Peaks , Its a Cyclo Cross event (i.e. no mountain bikes and only rigid forks), held every year since 1961 in the Yorkshire Dales. The idea is to ride / lug your bike over the three highest montains in the area, being Ingleborough, Whernside and Pen-Y-Ghent. Although not long in 61KMs , half of that is off road, with around 6 - 8kms of the dirt section being classed as unridable - take that as meaning vertical. Total up is 1500 Metres. I'm very very worried !

Check out this link for brilliant pics which show the terrain quite well.

http://www.3peakscyclocross.org.uk/photos_2003.htm

Kevin - Actually I'm not doing anything specific , just riding my bike. I'm going to get the train there and back (tickets avaible in a week or so ) plus am booked into the Crown Inn at Horton .

JJ Stephens

Back to top Go down

Post  nick Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:52 am

Thanks James, the Etape was even better than expected... not even the worst cycling weather possible could spoil the day!

That looks fantastic - had never thought about doing Cyclo-Cross before but the 3Peaks photos look just like the last cycle holiday I did, riding the West Highland Way (lots of fantastic riding on top of mountains, crazy descents, plus lugging my bike up trails barely traversible even by foot). Incidentally, am off on another one of these treks tomorrow afternoon!

Looks like 3Peaks is full, but I'm now quite intrigued by this cyclo-cross thing... AND I was already looking at adding a new bike to my collection anyway... Wink
nick
nick

Back to top Go down

Three Peaks Empty 3 Peaks

Post  JJ Stephens Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:20 am

Nick,

www.Wiggle.com for Focus cross bikes - well spec'ed and top value.

Have a good trip !

JJ Stephens

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down