Two Wheels Good CC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday rides - info please

2 posters

Go down

Sunday rides - info please Empty Sunday rides - info please

Post  forest78 Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:04 am

Hi,
I’m interested in joining your Sunday ride but wanted to know a bit more info, can anyone join the Sunday rides, is it just a case of turning up at 9.30 at the CE shop ?
I've seen from previous posts you ride between 50-70 miles, I'm comfortable riding these kind of distances, but was wondering the sort of times you do it in ? and how many people do you regularly get on these rides ?
final question, is there a ride this Sunday 31st Aug

Cheers

forest78

Back to top Go down

Sunday rides - info please Empty Re: Sunday rides - info please

Post  ciron Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:27 am

Hi

You are very welcome to join us. I've not been out recently on the Sunday ride as I've been busy doing MTB events. However, there's usually a couple of people turn up and I should be out this week (weather permitting).

We generally leave at 9:30, so it's good to arrive at 9:20. The rides can vary from 45 to 80 miles into Essex and Herts, and usually include a cafe stop. We try to get back at 1pm, but can suggest alternatives if people need to get back early or want to go further.

We try to stick to a decent pace, say around 16 to 18 mph on the flat, and often raise the it on the final 10 miles back into London. This can get quite quick depending on who's around, but we try make sure that everyone knows the way home.

Hopefully see you Sunday.

ciron

Back to top Go down