Two Wheels Good CC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[b]Mountain Bikers Please Read This [/b]

+2
ciron
JJ Stephens
6 posters

Go down

[b]Mountain Bikers Please Read This [/b] Empty [b]Mountain Bikers Please Read This [/b]

Post  JJ Stephens Tue May 06, 2008 1:42 pm

Dear all,

Due to lack of interest I am proposing to try and get rid of the second team slots for both Bristol / Mountain Mayhem.
As I am out of pocket to the tune of around £300 I 'm afraid I can't leave it any longer - sorry about that.

Those of you who said you would be attending but have changed you minds.....please have a quick rethink and let me know either way by Friday May 6th with a text to 07970276316.

If I don't hear from you , we will be running one team at these events being myself, Ciron, Kelvin and Alec. If you have paid for a place but are not included I apologies - nothing I can do.

JJ Stephens

Back to top Go down

[b]Mountain Bikers Please Read This [/b] Empty Re: [b]Mountain Bikers Please Read This [/b]

Post  ciron Tue May 06, 2008 4:42 pm

Yeah, c'mon you lot.

They will be both great weekends. Bristol is only a 12 hour (midday to midnight) with live music during the evening, and serious drinking from midnight.

Mayhem, 24 hours Saturday to Sunday, is admittedly is slightly more daunting but will still be a great laugh and as a team, not that difficult.

Sleepless and Dusk 2 Dawn were both great fun last year - riding around woods at night is something not to be missed!

As further evidence, look at our smiles despite being in the saddle for around 5 hours last Sunday!

https://www.theimagefile.com/?skin=6899&Action=VF&id=516046440&ppp=0&ppwd=sr8020fn

So get in touch.

ciron

Back to top Go down

[b]Mountain Bikers Please Read This [/b] Empty Re: [b]Mountain Bikers Please Read This [/b]

Post  nick Wed May 07, 2008 5:20 am

Will be a pity if we have to withdraw Team Two. Who have we got signed up so far? I'm in there and I thought Kelvin was. scratch
nick
nick

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaBanya Wed May 07, 2008 7:17 am

You even get your own soigneur! Has anyone talked to Duncan? Could we persuade Simon (TWG Crouch End)? Dean?

AnnaBanya

Back to top Go down

Post  nick Wed May 07, 2008 8:35 am

That's a point - could've sworn Dean was mooted as an entry in these mtb enduros earlier this year when we were discussing teams.
nick
nick

Back to top Go down

Post  jamesb Thu May 08, 2008 8:45 am

I can't make Bristol on the 7th, but in principle I can still do the Mountain Mayhem on the 21st. So if you've got 3 who are really up for it then I can make up the 4th. On the other hand if you have someone who wants to come in for both events (or just someone who will contribute more laps than me which, let's face it, would probably be pretty much anyone else you all know) then they should certainly take precedent.

I'm not out on Sunday 11th but you can let me know the week after what you want to do. (Or Ciron has my mobile number if necessary).

Having to dust off my MTB, get some lighting, get psyched up for the 24 hour is not so bad. What really worries me is the drinking...

James

jamesb

Back to top Go down

[b]Mountain Bikers Please Read This [/b] Empty I was there the whole time.

Post  hometown china Fri May 09, 2008 3:41 am

i'm in for both bikefest and mayhem people. so don't worry nick, I"LL BE THERE! and dragon in between. bring it on bitches.

hometown china

Back to top Go down

Post  ciron Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 am

Great James.

I'll give you a call to let you know what ends up being decided, and yes, be very scared of the drinking. Kelvin has rum this time.

ciron

Back to top Go down

[b]Mountain Bikers Please Read This [/b] Empty Event Update

Post  JJ Stephens Fri May 09, 2008 11:34 am

Folks,

Here's the latest :

Bristol Bikefest :
Team 1 James / Kelvin / Ciron plus either Alec or Nick
Team 2 nobody except either Alec or Nick - sorry but you two guys will have to sort out who rides between you and who loses their money along with me! I have tried to flog the space but it's not sold out so will struggle. Best bet of course will be to find three more riders who will pay. Any suggestion that some may ride if it's gratis will be meet with a straight forward fuck off.

Mountain Mayhem
Team 1 James / Kelvin / Ciron / Alec
Team 2 Sold back as they have a large waiting list. This did however cost me a £10 admin fee.

Feel free to call if you want to rant

JJ Stephens

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down