Two Wheels Good CC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charity Marathon Spins/Charity Rides

3 posters

Go down

Charity Marathon Spins/Charity Rides Empty Charity Marathon Spins/Charity Rides

Post  DBR Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:35 pm

Time to think about turning those pedals to help someone else!

For those of you interested in the possibility of doing a Charity Marathon Spin, I am hoping to arrange one through the Crouch End YMCA gym. The initial proposed date is May 18th., which is also the date of the 10K Run and Fun Runs based in Priory Park. I have 3 or 4 people from the YMCA who are happy to participate, and would expect each person to spin from 1 to 2 hours in shifts, with at least 2 bikes being used at all times (approx: 8.00 am until 5.00pm). Anyone interested, please contact Michael/speak to me next Sunday.

A second marathon spin could be organized through Virgin for mid-summer, and based in the square in front of Crouch End Town Hall at the same time as one of the music/open stalls days. Any ideas, again please contact me

Finally, anyone interested in entering one of the summer charity cycles (London - Hove, London - Southend, London -Cambridge, London to Oxford, London - Birmingham)? We could enter as a Two Wheels Good Sponsored Team and raise money for several charities combined. Most charity runs are around 60 miles, except for the Birmingham run (120 miles).

mssalut@blueyonder.co.uk

DBR

Back to top Go down

Charity Marathon Spins/Charity Rides Empty i would...

Post  hometown china Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:41 am

be up for doing one through the local fitness clubs, i think it would be good to get them involved, with TWG, for publicity, as i'm sure not enough people kknow that TWG is THE ONLY bike shop in the area.

i'm sure you can get sponsorship from virgin, or fitness first, and TWG, for food, etc... marks and spencers??

it could be quite a cool thing and also an opportunity for the gyms to promote their spin classes?? we can also get them to match the donations that we raise....

I like the in the square idea, the YMCA is a bit out of the way, and if i'm not at the center of the attention, i.e. the center of the square, then i might not be as attracted to the idea... as i think we will also get a lot of on the spot donations, instead of hte traditional form of pledges?

that being said, i'll be up for whatever as 2 hours on a spin bike is no big deal, excpet that i would usually get paid 55 pounds for that kind of work.. Smile

hometown china

Back to top Go down

Charity Marathon Spins/Charity Rides Empty YMCA

Post  DBR Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:43 am

Ymca event on the 18th March normally attracts several thousand people. It takes place in Priory Park, and after the 10K adult run in the early morning, there are many 1K runs for kids by age category, with all the parents present. Usually gets lots of page space in the local papers.
We have asked the CE Virgin branch re the Town Hall spin, but if you have any contacts in other fitness clubs, please feel free to involve them directly. We need also to ask John at TWG if he is happy to be a sponsor - in the past I think he has donated a bike to the fastest kid in the fun run. Dunns the baker is also a regular sponsor, and we will definitely be able to get Budgens too. Meantime, a personal donation of £55 for the joy of spinning for 2 hours sounds like a good donation!

DBR

Back to top Go down

Charity Marathon Spins/Charity Rides Empty i donate...

Post  hometown china Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:17 am

my time, which is usually priced at 30 pounds an hour. hahaha. we'll see what happens...

hometown china

Back to top Go down

Charity Marathon Spins/Charity Rides Empty Re: Charity Marathon Spins/Charity Rides

Post  nick Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:55 am

i'll do some shifts on the spin bike, nae bother.
nick
nick

Back to top Go down

Charity Marathon Spins/Charity Rides Empty Charity Cycles Websites

Post  DBR Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:41 pm

Here are a couple of Charity Cycle websites for those of you happy to pedal for a needy cause:

www.bike-events.com
www.capitaltocoast.org.uk

I'm planning to do one of the big overseas events (South America/Far East) at the end of this year, if the wife lets me - anyone else interested, let me know, otherwise be prepared to make a (extremely) large financial donation!

DBR

Back to top Go down

Charity Marathon Spins/Charity Rides Empty Charity Rides

Post  DBR Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:34 am

Have just read that Richard Fenne has already raised £3K prior to the London to Cannes Charity ride starting March 6th. Has even got a picture of himself and a mention of Two Wheels Good (cycling club!??) Sunday rides in the local rag. So if he can do it, it's time you boys got your legs in gear and started thinking about future events this summer. So a nice group photo on the front page of the Hornsey Journal and a big bag of swag for various charities should be a big prioriity for everyone. Those interested, start queueing outside the shop - for the rest, is 10 times round Ali Pali in top gear.

DBR

Back to top Go down

Charity Marathon Spins/Charity Rides Empty Re: Charity Marathon Spins/Charity Rides

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down